Total Pageviews

Friday, July 15, 2011

Seriously?!

I am down but not out...actually it should read I am behind but NOT giving up. Today I worked on labels for the younger kids drawers and made a tiny bit of progress. After showering I came downstairs and found a small puddle at the bottom of the stairs. Then a drop fell and Isabelle said "Momma, the ceiling is leaking!" UGH! Thank you God I married a handy husband who is trying to fix it without a plumber (no offense to plumbers but you're expensive). We'll see over the next few days but now I have this to clean up

YES, this is a nice sized hole in the family room ceiling. I am focusing on the positive. 1. The house could have been flooded BUT it didn't. 2. The floor/ceiling could have collapsed BUT it didn't. 3. Number 2 could have happened with Isabelle and I in the shower BUT it didn't. 4. MORE DAMAGE Praise Jesus for all the positives!
I may be behind where I wanted to be with the organizational challenge I will get there. Determination is the key!

2 comments:

  1. We had the same issue, but with the AC. Part of Connor's ceiling fell in...I think that was in September & he was due in November...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that! Our upstairs AC leaked into the dining room and foyer ruining the wall between them and some of the hardwood floor. SOOO FRUSTRATING! But there are worse things in life so I shouldn't complain.

    ReplyDelete