Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 4 Linen Closet

Wow! Our linen closet was a disaster. Things were extraordinarily out of place and I think the kids may have hidden in there during hide and seek! I had a crazy busy day between helping Tim on his only day off for the week get some yard work accomplished to keeping the restless natives calm while I helped them gather toys that mysteriously escaped from the playroom! It was late in the evening by the time I got to my challenge today and thought about procrastinating but luckily my good friend, Ashley, encouraged me to stay on task because I would be very happy with the end result. She was right as usual :+)

Here is what it looked like BEFORE




I took it one shelf at a time so it wouldn't seem as overwhelming. I figured I might as well get the top shelf first since I'm short and needed a step stool. It's a great place to house all of our beach and swimming needs.


Then I pulled all the towels, bed linens, washcloths, and anything else on the next shelves out and only put back what we will keep. I'd like to purchase new towels for the kids but it will have to wait. We have to move Ethan into a big boy bed and I promised we would build them bunk beds. Then new towels and after them Isabelle will need a big girl bed. Regardless, we all have a place for bed linens. (This is the only Linen closet in our house and it's located in the kids' bathroom so I keep our towels under the sink in our bathroom but our bed linens are all together)



I keep a laundry basket in the bottom of the closet for dirty clothes to make it easier to go straight to the washing machine plus I can easily see when it's a full load.


Finally, I had no choice but to tackle the shelf of band-aids and medicines! I try to regularly clean out expired medicines but had overlooked MANY! I really tried to consolidate all of it and ended up making room on this shelf to put shampoo and soap!


I think it turned out GREAT and I am very proud of myself! (even if it is 1:45 am of Day 5's Challenge LOL)




I am determined to accomplish these challenges and looking forward to Day 5!

2 comments: