Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 15, 2012

New Years Resolutions 2012: SIX MONTHS LATER

I thought I'd update a previous post:

New Years Resolutions 2012 posted on 1/3/2012
I made myself an extensive list and thought I'd be more likely to stick with these resolutions or goals if I posted them in a public way. I'll have cyber accountability. I think I like the concept of looking at each of these as a goal so I can rise to the occasion rather than beat myself up when I break my resolutions. We shall see.

1. Better relationship with God (He has blessed us with so much)
2. Exercise regularly and prepare for St Jude's marathon December 2012 (I will celebrate my 40th birthday this year and need to be in better shape)
3. Pay off debt (Shame on me for spending TOO much)
4. Be more organized (I'm thinking of making small goals to accomplish this)
5. No more naughty words (I am a flawed human)
6. Read at least one book a month
7. Have "Date Night" once a month at least (Tim and I rarely get to do something alone but we truly need to try)
8. Learn to hem (I don't have a clue but Tim does)
9. Yell less (I'm thinking of investing in a megaphone)
10. Take the kids to museums and musical events (I loved going to hear the symphony in the park)

UPDATE:
1. I continually work on my relationship with God which I believe is what He wants us to do. I will never be perfect, however, each day I strive to be more like Christ in everything I do.
2. I have REALLY dropped the ball on this one and will not be prepared for the marathon. I am disappointed in myself for not getting it together for the health benefits and the opportunity to raise awareness and money for St Jude Children's Hospital. However, I will not completely throw in the towel since the year is not over and there are always opportunities to help St Jude Children's Hospital.
3. Super excited to have written the last payment for our minivan in April! We are using the money from it to make a dent in our other debts. Praise Jesus for blessing us to do this!
4. WORK IN PROGRESS! We still have too much stuff and my sentimental nature does not help in ridding us of some of it. It's definitely an uphill battle I am determined to win.
5. He convicts me EVERY time is all I can say.
6. I have read SIX books in the last six months!! Maybe it wasn't "at least one per month" but it works out :)
7. This one shouldn't be as hard as it is but with four kids and all that has happened in the last year we do the best we can. We have managed to go on two Date Nights (better than none).
8. I haven't had a need for this so I kind of forgot but I will learn to do this soon.
9. Honestly I think a megaphone would be easier with my Foster Four and their inability to realize their decibel level.
10. We have visited a few but I'd like to do a bit better.

I am trying to rise to the occasion in every goal I set for myself. In the areas I have fallen short I will just keep trying. Life is a journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment