Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas-palooza ends as a New Year begins

As I sat in our Christmas Eve service at church thinking about the birth of our Savior my thoughts drifted to Dillan having a brain tumor. I thought how different life has become and how thankful I am our Savior was born. I am so very thankful He gave us the miracles surrounding Dillan's diagnosis. This Christmas has been more special with the knowledge our Savior loved us so much He chose our family to receive a gift we could share with everyone. Obviously no one would ever want anyone, let alone their own child, to suffer through having a brain tumor. However, as we sat in the PICU that first weekend prior to surgery I was overcome with a sense of peace which could only come from God. I knew no matter what happened during surgery or any point from there forward He would carry us through the rough stuff and walk with us through all the rest.
New Year's Eve always causes people to reflect on what happened during the past year and think of ways and things they'd do differently. Although our year may have had twists and turns we were not expecting I have many fond memories from 2011. I will resolve in 2012 to do things better than I did before and continue to put my trust and faith in God. I Wish everyone a very Happy and Blessed New Year!

2 comments: